Welcome to Cambridge Medical Centre
We offer a range of general medical and urgent care services, along with minor surgery and specialist nurse clinics. Our team works hard to ensure the best outcome for patients within Cambridge.
Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or recommendations for improvement, our Business Manager will be happy to talk with you.
What to do if you test positive for COVID
As we move into the COVID Protection Framework (traffic light system) the risk of getting COVID increases and we will see a lot more cases in the community. If you test positive for COVID we are here to support you and provide clinical care for you.
What will this look like:
- You will be contacted by Public Health to let you know that you have tested positive and you will be given instructions regarding how and where to isolate and for how long
- Your GP will also contact you to talk through how you are feeling and to discuss a clinical care plan - they will also arrange for a care pack to be sent to you so you can monitor your symptoms
- You will be contacted on a regular basis by a Nurse or GP (the frequency will depend on your symptoms) - please make sure you have a phone available for these calls and discuss a suitable time with our team so you don't miss the call
- We will provide you with contact details for both practice hours and after hours support so that you can get in touch with someone if you have any concerns
Please also refer to the following information on the Unite Against COVID website:
Making an appointment
Cambridge Medical Centre has the following screening process:
- All patients over 12 years of age are required to wear a mask
- You must scan the QR code to record your visit or complete a manual entry
If you have any cold or flu like symptoms, or have been in contact with a covid positive person please do not attend Cambridge Medical Centre in person - phone or email us and we will be in touch to support you.
We ask that you please follow our process and be respectful of our staff as they work to keep you and the wider community safe. If you have any questions please ask to speak with the Practice Manager.
If you require a COVID test please see our list of testing centres below.
Our Saturday clinics are now open for COVID vaccinations between 9.00am and 2.00pm through to mid-December 2021. The vaccination clinics are for booked appointments.
For urgent care after hours and weekends the following medical centres are available:
- Mahoe Medical - Te Awamutu 8.00am to 8.00pm seven days a week
- Victoria Clinic - Hamilton 8.00am to 8.00pm seven days a week
- Anglesea Accident and Medical - Hamilton 24 hours seven days a week
Covid -19 Testing - Please be kind to staff!
Cambridge Medical Centre - booked appointments only between 12.00pm and 2.00pm Monday through Friday.
Founders Theatre Carpark, 221 Tristram Street Hamilton (entrance off Norton Road)
- 8am - 4pm, 7 days a week
- Please note: No appointment is needed
- Drive-thru: Be prepared to wait and do not get out of the car (staff will assist you in your car)
Leamington Medical Centre will be offering Covid swabs to anyone who requires one, whether symptomatic or close contact.
- This is available by BOOKED appointment only.
- Call 07 827 5959 to make an appointment.
- 127 Shakespeare Street, Leamington, Cambridge, 3234 Waikato
Please refer to the following website for up to date information on testing centres