Our Saturday Clinic is currently open between 9:00am and 11:00am.
The clinic is for acute/urgent visits only.
If you have cold or flu like symptoms, please notify the receptionist.
If you would like to be tested for COVID-19 during the weekend, you can attend Founders Theatre Carpark Entrance off Norton Road, 8am- 4pm. No appointment is required. Please refer to the following website for up to date information on testing centres
What does Level 2 mean for patients of Cambridge Medical Centre
In response to government level 2 guidelines we have the safety of our patients as our number one priority and have implemented the following:
- Providing patients with the option of phone or video consults as well as face to face
- Physical distancing procedures within the practice
- Appropriate PPE will be used for the protection of both patient and staff
- Sending scripts directly to the pharmacy of your choice, please make sure you tell our staff your preferred pharmacy.
- Extra resources on the phones, please be patient with us during this time as the phones are extra busy. If you cannot get through on the phone, please leave a detailed message and we will call you back.
If you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, please do not come into the practice but phone to be triaged.
Please be rest assured we will continue to provide medical services to our community. Please remember to support one another and be kind to each other as these are difficult times for everyone. Take care and be safe.
1. Patients wanting same day appointment
When you phone for a same day appointment you will be offered a phone triage appointment with a GP or Nurse. They will determine whether you need to be seen, need a prescription or if they can can do a consult over the phone. Please be advised that there may a fee depending on how you have been triaged.
2. Patient PPE will be provided where needed
When you arrive at the practice patients with respiratory symptoms will be provided with a surgical mask to wear whilst in the building. Patients with no symptoms do not need a mask.
3. We will provide safe social spaces for patients
We have separated our seats out so that patients can have a safe place to sit whilst waiting for their appointment. Patients who have respiratory symptoms may be asked to wait in their car.
We will ensure that regular cleaning of social areas takes place.
4. We will have processes to identify close contacts of people who are later proven to have COVID-19
We will ensure we can identify all visitors and patients so that we can provide contact tracing information in line with government recommendations. We have the Covid-QR code available in the practice for you to scan.
5. Clinical Services
We have returned to full clinical activities whilst continuing to limit the number of patients at the practice with cold and flu-like symptoms in order to keep our community as safe as possible. We will continue to provide patients with care through phone consults, video consults and in-person consultation.
6. Flu Vaccines
We are continuing to offer flu vaccinations. These are available to all patients over 3 years of age. Give us a call or email to book these in.
Covid -19 Testing
Founders Theatre Carpark, Entrance off Norton Road, 8am - 4pm, 7 days a week
No appointment is needed
Be prepared to wait and do not get out of the car (staff will assist you in your car)
Please be kind to staff